The Safety Specialist coordinates site activities required for compliance with safety programs and policies including recordkeeping, training, and inspection.
- Comply with Boral Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure and evaluate site adherence to Boral policies and programs.
- Conduct site wide trainings on Boral safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct new hire/visitor safety orientation.
- Assist site management in completion of incident reports and investigations.
- Develop job-specific safety training to meet site needs.
- Provide technical advising in support of safety committee activities.
- Maintain safety records for the assigned plant.
- Maintain and promote near miss programs/forms.
- Train and certify mobile equipment operators.
- Manage site SDS library.
- Analyze injury and near miss trends.
- Conduct safety gemba walks and address findings with site management.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility.