Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 99623 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will support our cross-functional teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the efficiency of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They should have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with partners to improve business outcomes.
Responsibilities for Data Scientist:
* Work with partners throughout the organization to find opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
* Assess the efficiency and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
* Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
* Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
* Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and supervise outcomes.
* Develop processes and tools to supervise and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Qualifications for Data Scientist:
* We're looking for someone with 3-5 years of proven experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
* Bachelor's degree required minimum.
* Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
* Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
* Experience working with and creating data architectures.
* Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
* Knowledge of sophisticated statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
* A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
* Familiarity with the following software/tools:Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: Java, R, Python, SQL
* Experience with cloud services: GCP, AWS, etc
* Experience creating and using sophisticated machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
* Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
* Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
* Experience visualizing/presenting data for partners using: Data Studio, Datalab, Redshift, etc.
* Certificate, Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.