Posted in Other 10 days ago.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a IT Project Manager in Alpharetta,, GA
The purpose of the Senior Project Manager's job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Senior Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. The Senior Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas. The Senior Project Manager is expected to work under minimal supervision.
• Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
• Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
• Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
• Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
• Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
• Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
• Proactively communicate the project's progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
• Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience
• Knowledge of- and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycles
• Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
• Experience in driving large scale change efforts
• Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.