Responsible for supervising the vendors/staff that ensure that the building and grounds are operating
effeciently. Ensures that the facility is maintained at a high level, snow removal is performed in a timely
manner when needed, and cleanliness and safety standards are upheld. May maintains departmental
records, logs, and files, answers and directs telephone calls and questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Responsible for effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with external clients,
- customers, contractors, and officials.
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate completion of facility maintenance functions.
- Initiates and negotiates bids with contractors.
- Monitors utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
- Monitors all engineering operations for compliance with established safety policies and regulations.
- Trains, advises, and counsels employees and provides suggestions to improve performance and
- Conducts performance appraisals as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with
- Company personnel and management.
- Works closely with other departments to maintain schedules and implement changes and revisions in
- operational procedures.
- Assists in OSHA reviews as requested
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality
- Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- May maintain budgets and future estimates for individual projects.
- Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
- Excellent understanding of facility management procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
One to three years of related experience preferred
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and Excel.
- Good math skills.
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment.