Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
|Job Title||ASST DEAN OF STUDENTS|
|Job Category||University Staff|
|Campus||Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus|
|Department Name||STUDENT LIFE|
|Location Code||STUDENT LIFE (03820A)|
|Is this split and/or fully grant funded?||No|
|Duties and Responsibilities||
This position is a member of the Office of the Dean of Students with a significant portion of the responsibilities focused on supporting the efforts of the Office of Equity and Compliance centered on students.
1. In collaboration with the Office for Equity & Compliance (OEC), this position:
2. Effectively manages student concern cases using the Maxient case-management system.
3. Contributes to the development of training and education on Center for Student Assistance and Advocacy (CSAA) resources, as well as Title IX and bias/equity policies and procedures for students, staff, and faculty.
4. Collaborates and provides assistance with CSAA student concern reports when necessary in the areas including but not limited to behavioral, wellness, academic, and personal concerns.
5. Serves in an on-call duty rotation within the Office of the Dean of Students.
6. Helps represent the Office of the Dean of Students and provide student support at student-led demonstrations, large-scale celebrations, and other related student-led gatherings.
7. Participates in proactive measures aimed at preventing noise and/or disorderly conduct by students in the surrounding communities which may include rid-a-longs with Campus Police.
8. Participates in all DOS and Division of Student Development operations including regular meetings, programs and activities.
9. Serves on division- and university-wide committees, as needed.
10. Performs other duties as required.
|Minimum Education and/or Work Experience||
Master's Degree in Higher Education and at least three- five years of relevant experience in a University or College setting. Must be a trained mediator.
- Master's degree in higher education or relevant field of study.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications. Experience with the Maxient student case management software is helpful.
|Required operation of university owned vehicles||No|
|Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?||No|
|Working Conditions||Irregular Hours|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Quick Link for Posting||https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/15872|