Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Design Researcher leads strategic design and execution of user-centered research that provides actionable insights which influence design and development of associate, branch team and client experiences (including service design, systems, tools and processes).
• Autonomously lead research planning and design for multidisciplinary teams of associates and leaders in pursuit of discovery and innovation in enterprise and divisional efforts.
• Recommends creative research approaches to uncover user needs and insights that help business areas within the firm solve novel and complex problems for the enterprise.
• Leads the execution and synthesis of user research that is action-oriented and supports the entire design thinking process, including clear problem statement definition, initial discovery work, pressure-testing ideas and prototypes with users as well as test and learn methodologies.
• Effectively communicates insights, both written and verbal, and influences business partner's decision making by providing thought leadership on how insights impact desired business/project outcomes.
• Lead the effort to leverage and synthesize existing insights and information quickly within the firm, both qualitative and quantitative, into a cohesive story that helps the team move forward and supports the desired business outcomes.
• Demonstrate agility in ambiguous and complex circumstances to achieve the desired outcome.
• Exercises strong critical thinking and sound judgment while independently making decisions within their own efforts, considering the range of potential options.
• Actively advocate the principles of process improvement, design thinking, data analysis, and change management to a wide variety of audiences to gain the buy-in and understanding needed to drive transformational change across the enterprise.
• Excellent in managing detailed project tasks, resources, and coordinating the efforts of internal and external parties necessary to see successful project completion including external research vendors.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of Design Thinking experience preferred.
• 5+ years of UX / design research / client insights experience.
• Skilled in both qualitative and quantitative user experience research methodologies.
• Skilled in critical thinking, process improvement, relationship-building and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent ability to communicated in written and verbal form.
• Able to expertly research, analyze and consolidate data into trends.
• Ability to quickly establish and maintain strong relationships across departments, business areas and vendors.
• Presents ideas, thoughts and information persuasively; seen as credible and trustworthy.
• Some travel required.