Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Position Title: Technical Writer
National Technical Systems (NTS), the leader provider of testing and engineering services, has an open position for an Admin/Technical Writer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support technical documentation/reports writing, editing, and publication
* Provide Admin support to the Team
* Signing in visitors to the facility and ensuring that all customer equipment is properly logged in and logged out
* Answering external phone calls and routing to the appropriate individual
* Maintaining supplies for the Team and facility
* Working within the NTS Quality System
* Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Working knowledge of MS Project and Visio is a plus
* Must have good verbal and written communication skills, in order to successfully and effectively interact with colleagues, customers, and suppliers
* Must be comfortable and effective in working in a Team environment as either a Team member or a main contributor
* Must demonstrate proficiency in desktop computing and, following all necessary training, the utilization of company-wide information systems
* Must be willing to work long hours, when needed
* Extensive background screening and US Citizenship will be required
Minimum Education and Experience:
* A two-year College Degree is required
* 2+ years technical writing related experience is required
* Previous experience with enterprise systems is a plus.
Working conditions include Test Laboratory and Offices, and External Antenna Range environments, with moderate noise levels.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V