Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management Tax Compliance Team's primary objective is to ensure global conformity with the IRS Regulations as it relates to client tax information reporting and withholding. The team ensures compliance with IRS Forms W-9/W-8 tax certification requirements in order to limit (or prevent) penalties for non-compliance. The Tax Compliance Team also provides tax technical advice to internal business partners.
The role of the Tax Compliance Associate candidate will be to ensure global conformity with IRS regulations as well as Intergovernmental Agreements (IGAs) for the Private Bank. The candidate will be responsible for providing technical tax advice to the various internal business partners as it pertains to specific inquiries in addition to oversight of tax-related project deliverables. Finally, the candidate will support the BAU functions aligned with the Tax Compliance team.
• Responsible for reviewing detailed tax information and client documentation to offer sound tax advice to business colleagues
• Advise as to the rules regarding withholding and reporting under Chapter 4 (FATCA), Chapter 3 (NRA) and Chapter 61 (BUW)
• Support the technology projects from a technical tax advisory perspective
• Implementation and support of BAU processes and procedures for continuous information reporting and withholding compliance
• Monitor the release of tax updates related to various U.S. reporting and withholding regimes including IGAs with FATCA partner jurisdictions
• Provide advice regarding due diligence rules for client identification
• Provide education, training, and tax technical expertise to various client facing and tax documentation teams as needed
• Good knowledge of IRS requirements (i.e. Revenue code sections and Treasury regulations), with a specific focus on information reporting and withholding
• Ability to research tax issues
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field; advanced degree is preferred
• Progress toward graduate degree in law or taxation
• Minimum of 5-7 years of tax experience required; prior position at a large accounting firm, financial services company, or law firm is preferred
• Highly organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentation) and influencing capabilities
• Proficient computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Office tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word as well as strong knowledge of online research tools (e.g. CCH, RIA Checkpoint, Lexis/Nexis, Bloomberg)JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans