Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we're seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
The Director of Human Resources is reposnsible for employee relations, leading change within their business group assignment, ownership of their function within their client group(s) by establishing excellent customer service, credibility and flawless execution of tasks and programs that impact the growth and success of Exelixis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead,manage and coach a group of experienced HR Business Partners (HRBPs) who proactively partner to improve every HR provision of their assigned client groups.
• Responsible to develop and grow their team in alignment with business need and in partnership with other areas of Human Resources.
• Responsible for all areas of HR policy interpretation, employee complaints, corrective action procedures, investigations and hiring/terminations support.
• Provide the HRBP team with guidance on how to resolve complex employee relations issues. Evolve the teams ability to conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and provide appropriate management recommendations.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the Legal department as needed/required, maintaining alignment and positive working relationships.
• Provide HR Business Partner duties to an assigned client group.
• Partner with HR colleagues and client groups in the creation of human capital strategies that meet the needs of the overall business strategy.
• Design, plan, and implement a range of HR projects and programs, including performance and development systems, talent management, employee opinion survey management as well as policy and procedure development and implementation.
• Supportive role in change management initiatives, ensuring thorough and effective planning, communication, execution, and follow-up throughout the organization.
• Support compensation initiatives and tasks as needed, including: job analysis, design & documentation, job benchmarking and job grading.
This role will supervise a team of HR Business Partners.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.) from four-year college or university; and a minimum of 12 years related experience and/or training, or
• Master's degree (M.A./M.S.) and a minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Progressive functional experience in human resources.
• Leadership and management of one of more HR functions
• A demonstrated history of success in supporting client groups in a Generalist role.
• An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to educate and influence through formal and informal communications.
• Leadership of a team in a evolving environment
• Recognition of the importance of being highly responsive to the needs of senior management, colleagues and staff.
• Understanding of related employment laws, concepts and practices related to the administration of a variety of human resources programs.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in field of specialty as well as general understanding and knowledge of other related disciplines
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May also work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.