Don's Prepared Foods
Schwenksville, PA, US
Don's Prepared Foods is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for a 12 month contract position at our Schwenksville, PA food manufacturing plant.
This position directly supervises the QA Technician & SQF and Regulatory Coordinator.
Keep the Hazardous Analysis Control Point (HACCP) plans current.
Ensure the company is meeting or exceeding all regulatory requirements and written plans. Write corrective actions for any deviations from our written plans. Train employees where necessary.
Write, review and update company SOP's.
Handle customer complaints.
Work with R&D on shelf life testing. Work with Purchasing Manager on new ingredient assessment and current ingredient issues.
Facilitate company audits including SQF, FDA, customer and military audits.
Keep employees up to date on GMP, HACCP, Allergen, Food Safety, SQF and Procedure Trainings.Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered
- Thorough knowledge and working experience of GMP, FDA/USDA and Food Safety, SOP’s, HACCP, PCQI and SQF
- Strong supervisory, training, analytical and problem solving skills required
- Excellent communications skills, well organized and dependable
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ability to work in a refrigerated environment 36-38 degrees.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
- Must have PCQI, SQF and HACCP certifications
Competitive starting pay and benefits package available after 60 days of employment. Aldon Food Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.