Full Time Professional Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, US | Silver Spring, Silver Spring, MD, US
Requisition ID: 1197
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement.
Discovery Education's services are available in approximately half of all U.S. schools, 50% of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in more than 50 countries around the world.
What You will Do:
The Sr Technical Talent Acquisition Specialist will be a key member of the internal corporate recruiting team, responsible for owning the relationship with select hiring teams across several business units, and responsible for full life cycle technical recruiting for a variety of internal teams at Discovery Education.
The Sr TA Specialist will partner hiring managers on all aspects of the talent acquisition process to include recruitment strategy, candidate identification and selection, compensation recommendations, offer extension and delivering a great candidate experience.
Talent Advisory Team Strategy
• Work closely with HR, and Business leaders on continuing process improvements.
• Take ownership of strategic project initiatives to deliver improved business outcomes for TA, HR, and overall organization.
• Provide mentorship and lead to TA Coordinator and a contributing member to the TA team overall on best practices and strategies.
• Participate on selection committee for tools resources or other initiatives origination from TA or greater HR organization related to Talent Acquisition, Employment Branding, Systems, processes. Talent Acquisition
• Work closely with Hiring Leaders to determine hiring needs and review and understand job requisitions and provide guidance on job spec and descriptions.
• Determine best sourcing strategies for specific roles and leverage tools and resources available to build and maintain a pipeline of prospects, both active and semi active.
• Conducing candidate screening and evaluation based on the rubrics provided for open positions.
• Source niche skill candidates based on job specifications.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates at all levels, through recruitment process from initially application / sourcing to offer letter acceptance and pre onboarding.
• Ensure timely communications with all candidates and hiring managers.
• Ensuring an excellent candidate experience throughout their recruitment journey
• Educating and influencing candidates around the employment brand message, our vision and mission
• Constantly seeking new ways to improve the recruitment process as the company grows and evolves.
• Execute all pre-employment processes and paperwork.
Who You Are:
You are a proactive, results-oriented talent professional looking for an amazing opportunity to impact the growth of a global Education company. You are passionate about making an impact and care about delivering quality results. You are talented and capable enough to handle the most important and strategic of tasks but willing to raise your hand and offer to help in any way, no matter the ask.
• 5+ years of corporate or agency full life cycle recruiting experience with a demonstrable track record of achieving results amongst all levels of professionals.
• Experience building rapport with C-Level executives and other senior internal staff.
• Proficiency working in Applicant Tracking Systems
• Candidate domain experience in the areas of IT, Product Development, Product Design, Program and Project Management, and other technical and corporate functions
• Exceptional business acumen and ability to discern positional nuance and how to pair with the ideal candidate.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated proficiency in creating and editing communications and other writings. Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic informationPI138874817