Posted in Other 3 days ago.
The Histotechnician 2 prepares specimens for microscopic evaluation and diagnosis by performing technical procedures that result in creation of microscopic slide preparation. Operates and maintains Laboratory instrumentation, records and documentation with minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Perform variety of technical procedures resulting in creation of microscopic slide preparations.
Follow quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures.
Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies.
Maintain effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers.
Participate in laboratory projects and educational activities.
Demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical skills to others.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- LOCATION - BMC Irving TX
- SHIFT - Night 1:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - 2 years of technical experience including Immunohistochemistry with an ASCP certification
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -