Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell, a multi-national Fortune 100 company, is seeking an External Communications Specialist to support its Performance Materials and Technology (PMT) business group, with an emphasis on the group's Universal Oil Products (UOP) business unit. The role will be based in Houston, TX or Des Plaines, IL, and will report to the Director of External Communications for PMT, who is based in Houston, TX.
This individual will be a key part of an external communications team that is responsible for driving top tier and trade media coverage in support of new product introductions, key initiatives, and integrated marketing communication campaigns. We are seeking a candidate with a proven track record of delivering positive, top-tier and trade press news coverage, and can also work within the business to align external communications to business goals. The candidate will be responsible for positioning PMT, and specifically UOP with the media globally as both a technology and sustainability leader.
The External Communications Specialist will be responsible for a wide array of activities, including media outreach, the creation and distribution of press releases, and partnering with regional and business communicators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Lead public relations (PR) activities, including developing PR strategies, writing press releases, key messages, media statements, Q&A documents, briefing materials, etc.
· Manage industry media relations and support industry events
· Support efforts to drive top tier media coverage with powerful and creative storytelling
· Drive awareness of new product introductions and help position UOP as a thought leader on key industry trends
· Measure and analyze the effectiveness of PR efforts and report results to key internal stakeholders
· Collaborate with Honeywell's global customer marketing team to increase brand awareness and support integrated marketing communications campaigns with effective public relations strategies
· 10-15% travel may be required
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor's d egree
· At least three years of communications or public relations experience developing, implementing, and measuring communications plans and programs.
· Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or Marketing Communications·
· Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with both internal and external audiences
· Excellent project management and the ability to simultaneously prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
· Fluency in emerging PR practices and tactics, particularly with digital communications channels, to drive thought leadership and customer engagement
· The ability to excel as part of a team or individually
· Positive attitude and willingness to embrace and drive change
· Ability to work effectively with leaders at different levels of the organization
· Experience working in large, complex organization with diverse products
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Experience with AP Style writing standards
JOB ID: HRD123447
Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd,Des Plaines,Illinois,60017-5016,United States
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.