Plan, design, develop and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to moderate and large cross functional development efforts.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify business opportunities and solve business problems.
- Responsible for providing high level assessments of development efforts.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to significant complexity.
- Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
- Responsible for monitoring the efforts of more junior developer and contracted staff.
- Responsible for producing project related artifacts and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
- Collaborates with team to identify improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
- Responsible for training and mentoring more junior or new staff.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years+ of related work experience.
- Minimum 3 years+ experience with Java (Java SE, JDBC, JMS.)
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows development environments.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Good Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) skill along with data modelling.
- Experience with Hibernate or other ORM tool.
- Experience with an IDE tool such as Intellij or Eclipse.
- Experience with Web Services.
- Strong skills writing high-performance, multi-threaded, efficient and maintainable software code.
- Experience with Java Servlet, JSP.
- Must have the ability to accurately estimate future and remaining work effort, and meet aggressive software build schedules.
- Production on-call support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Knowledgeable in AWS product offerings, CloudFormations, Ansible, Jenkins, Artifactory
- DevOps experience
- Experience with message queuing (JMS) software.
- Experience with performance profiling and tuning tools.
- Experience with WebLogic, or similar enterprise application servers is a plus.
- Experience in working with highly transactional, e-commerce, or finance related industry.