Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy,IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN.We arecommitted to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to makeStratas Foodsa great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.Job Description
This position involves overseeing the quality lab operations as well as assisting the production facility in ensuring programs and procedures are in place and properly followed to maintain the highest level of quality products and services to Stratas Foods customers.
Quality Control Lab Supervisor Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for day-to-day operation of the lab
2. Select, discipline, and provide annual and ongoing training of techs
3. Analyze lab needs from training, staffing, and equipment needs
4. Organize and conduct weekly lab meetings
5. Manage lab techs attendance/time worked
6. Yearly chemical monitoring of lab techs
7. Investigate deviations, review batch sheets, etc., approval of deviation if warranted
8. Represent the Lab at all daily production and management meetings
9. Troubleshoot, maintenance, and repair of lab equipment
10. Responsible for GMP training and lab safety
11. Review daily planner, TLC, Wonderware to determine what products are ready to pack, any special circumstances techs need to be aware of.
12. Enter daily hazardous waste into master data base
13. Schedule preventative maintenance (PMs) for lab equipment, DU 620, Minispec, NIR, etc.
14. Update necessary specifications and documentation
15. Participation in auditsQualifications
Education:High School diploma is required with desired experience. Bachelor's Degree is preferred in operations, technical, business or engineering; or relevant experience.
Related Experience:Experience with lab and/or quality assurance in food packaging is preferred. Three to five years of supervisory/leadership experience is required.
Equipment/Software Skills: Must be PC literate with working knowledge of MS Office, and Outlook
1. Must possess strong leadership ability and self motivation
2. Strong organizational skills to maintain multiple programs
3. Good communication skills and teamwork in working with plant personnel to accomplish goals
4. Able to set goals and achieve them with regards to safety, quality, and productionAdditional Information
Physical:Must be able to climb stairs, sit and stand for long periods; type for long periods of time.
Sensory: Good Listening Skills; Public speaking abilities to communicate with both hourly and salaried personnel.
Mental/Reasoning:Must be able to perform root cause analysis and corrective action. Must be able to continuously learn and adapt to changes in the overall business relative to oils and oil processing.
This position is great for candidates with the following job titles: Quality Assurance Supervisor, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Lab Manager, Quality Control Manager and Quality Control Lab Manager.
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.