Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. JOB SUMMARY The Lead Pilot - RW is responsible for the management of the base pilots and any other duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot and/or Director of Operations. The Lead Pilot is expected to act as a proactive and integral team player, both in flight, and during ground operations, utilizing communication and technical skills which will strengthen the company goal of being held in highest regard within the EMS industry. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES * Maintains a schedule as set forth by the company. The pilot should be prepared to occasionally serve extra duty shifts when called upon, due to the absence of other pilots for vacation, sick leave, etc. * Ensures aircraft readiness for flight dispatches, these items to include, as described in the appropriate manuals, but not limited to: * All FAR requirements * All company requirements * Aircraft cleanliness duties * All flight crew requirements * Accurately completes, in entirety, all required paperwork duties, i.e., duty shift change form, load manifests, duty/time sheets, all within scheduled due dates. * Continues in educational betterment, e.g., computer training, ground training and flight training. * Ensures that any and all pertinent information about flight operations will be disseminated to his/her shift change pilot and/or disseminated through the Company Communications Board per policy. * Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times. * Attends meetings when required, and is available for training and check-flights outside of normal duty shift rotation. * Upholds current company policies and procedures. * Performs other duties during scheduled shift as requested by Director of Operations or Chief Pilot. * Maintains safety as the primary concern. Management Functions: In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities of a base pilot listed above, the Lead Pilot will also: * Ensures base pilot compliance with FARs, Company SOP and Operations Manual. * Functions as a liaison for base airport and FBO related issues. * Audits process of flight and duty time information and AirChart entries for each pilot's calendar items. * Payroll approval for base pilot timecards. * Attends monthly base meetings. * Monthly meetings - lead pilot/flight instructor, as assigned. * Produces monthly flight time reports. * Manages pilot schedule for base of operation to include PTO and trade days. * Primarily responsible for base pilot staffing, developing and maintaining pilot schedules to include current policy on work rotations, vacation requests, swaps, and sick time coverage while monitoring pilot duty time, morale and health. * Works with the base leadership on relevant base related issues. * Primarily responsible for the continued review process for each pilot assigned. Organizes and conducts each pilot's review under HR guidelines, under the supervision of the Chief Pilot. * Participates and conducts monthly continuing education and training requirements for the assigned base pilots to ensure preparation for, and consistency in the pilot check rides. * Contributes and makes recommendations to the base pilot or mechanic hiring processes and make recommendations concerning hiring of flight department personnel. * Participates in base pilot personnel actions as the first line supervisor. * Assists the base leadership in ongoing operations or safety training for medical crews or pilots. * Attends quarterly company management meetings, base/process review meetings and periodic lead pilot meetings when required. Other: * Ensures all line pilots comply with duties and responsibilities per their job description. * Serves as a member of the management team, and contributes as a team member in accomplishing the mission and vision of the company. * Represents the company at public and professional events. * Reports to and reviewed by the Chief Pilot with input from the Director of Operations. * Coordinates base aircraft maintenance requirements with the Director of Maintenance and Director of Operations and provides input to the Director of Maintenance concerning base mechanic performance. QUALIFICATIONS Experience: Qualifications * 3000 hours total time (helicopter) * 1500 hours PIC (helicopter) * 2000 hours Turbine * 500 hours cumulative night experience * 200 hours cumulative IFR experience * EMS and FAR 135 experience preferred * Preference is given to applicants who have previous NVG experience Education: Skills: * Excellent customer service skills. * Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively. * Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set/re-set multiple priorities. * Maintains a positive team attitude with flight crew members, maintenance technician and communications specialist by working cohesively. * Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers. * Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP's. Credentials/Licenses: * FAA Commercial Rotorcraft Certification * Helicopter Instrument Rating * Current Class II Medical Certificate * Preference is given to applicants who have an ATP rating | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The Lead Pilot RW Pilot is physically based at an airport "crew quarters" for 12 hour shifts and must be prepared at a moments notice (within 5 minutes) to begin air ambulance missions that last from 6 to 8 hours. The crew quarters are equipped with kitchen, shower, rest and sleeping facilities.
The Lead Pilot RW duties are performed in either indoor or outdoor environments. The Lead Pilot RW may be exposed to routine office noises, moderate electrical or mechanical hazards and frequent exposure to an aircraft hangar environment where the Lead Pilot RW may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards. The Lead Pilot RW must be present at work site to complete the job.
* Requires activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking.
* Able to conduct activities requiring a moderate to rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting.
* Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height.
* Ability to hear routine aircraft noises.
* Maintains a "duty" weight (body weight + uniform/equipment - helmet not included) of less than 230lbs for Rotor Wing (Helicopter) operations.
* Must be able to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit when requested.
* Requires close and distant visual capability (Class 2 Aviation Medical).
* Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
* Anticipates and strives to understand the needs of each customer.
* Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
* Responds quickly and effectively to problems that arise while providing service.
* Demonstrates open, honest and respectful communication.
* Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
* Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
* Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
* Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
* Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled