Posted in Other 5 days ago.
The Parts Delivery Driver delivers and picks up parts and components locally. This role requires a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record, working knowledge of blocking and rigging, delivery vehicles and trailers, and ability to obtain forklift operators certification.
* Delivers and provides pickup of parts, cylinders and components for repair and return.
* Writes parts orders and credits obtained during customer visits.
* Provides maintenance of parts consignments at customer job sites.
* Assists in Warehouse as needed receiving and stocking parts shipments, performing inventory counts, and pulling customer orders.
* Aids in housekeeping in alignment with Contamination Control Standards when not delivering parts.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of blocking and rigging.
* Working knowledge of delivery vehicles and trailers.
* Working knowledge of forklift operation.
* Ability to obtain forklift operators certification.
* Working knowledge of cables, chains, tie downs, and load binders.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Ability to communicate with customers in a Sales Environment.
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Proof of driver's license and acceptable driving record.
* 6 months delivery driver experience preferred.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 60 lbs in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.