Posted in Management 4 days ago.
Job ID: 17469
AMETEK Superior Tube Company is a global leader in the manufacture of high performance precision metal tubes that are used in a variety of critical applications in, defense, energy, medical, and aerospace.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing of high-quality precision tubing. We are seeking a candidate with strong skills capable of driving safety, quality, on time delivery and continuous improvement efforts. Responsibilities include leading daily production meetings on schedules and metrics; training and mentoring of personnel to achieve Safety, Quality, and Delivery of products through various product areas. This is a 3rd Shift Position.
– Four-year college degree in an engineering field
– Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
– Experience in a manufacturing environment of two years
– Experience leading teams for problem solving, corrective action, and other continuous improvements
– Strong communication skills required to:
– Drive an injury free workplace
– Transfer pertinent information between shifts
– Reinforce policies and verbatim compliance with operators
– Interact and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
– Work effectively with union leadership
– Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as inspection and non-destructive testing (preferred)
– Practical understanding of Quality Assurance, Production Planning, and ISO standards
– Supervisory experience of 2-5 years (preferred)
– Previous experience working with union operators (preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret production work orders
- Practical understanding of ISO standards, procedures and forms
- Set performance expectations and establish commitment and accountability
- Enforce strict adherence to company policies, procedures and work orders
- Lead team-based improvement efforts
Analytical Ability/Problem Solving/Concentration
- Able to troubleshoot and assess problems with production machinery
- Ensure proper use of resources to maximize quality and productivity
- Ability to read and interpret data to ensure product meets customer requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.