Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2021 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the Team Lead Maintenance position within our PedricktownPlant located in Pedricktown, New Jersey.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs and motivates subordinates in following OxyVinyls' guidelines, systems, practices and procedures for maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
2. Provides daily direction and communications to mechanics, instrument/electrical technicians, and contract personnel.
3. Schedules and oversees A-1 Maintenance Contractors or any other outside maintenance group, as needed.
4. Communicates and conducts monthly safety meetings with plant personnel, as scheduled.
5. Attends and supports daily toolbox talks with maintenance and contract personnel.
6. Ensures plant equipment is maintained to expected OxyVinyls' and manufacturer standards.
7. Understands and complies with all written site and corporate safety, health and environmental procedures. Attend all required scheduled Health, Safety and Environmental training sessions.
8. Participates in required OxyVinyls' programs such as Management of Change procedures, Process Hazard Reviews, EVI system, Planned Inspections, Hazard Cognition Programs, etc.
9. Ensures that scheduled work is scoped and planned prior to scheduling.
10. Writes and approves work orders, notifications, requisitions, etc, as needed.
11. Works with Lead Technicians in scheduling production labor to assist maintenance personnel as safety standbys or helpers, if available.
12. Analyzes and resolves production problems - i.e. instrument, electrical, or mechanical - through solicitation of work orders plant personnel.
13. Ensures spare parts for critical operating equipment are maintained and available when needed.
14. Maintains and updates PM, lubrication, and vibration schedules for all operating equipment and updates as needed.
15. Oversees the relief valve and rupture disc PM program and ensures it is in compliance with OxyVinyls, NJ TCPA and OSHA PSM regulations.
16. Ensures the electrical inspection and PM program is current and applicable standards are followed.
17. Focuses on ensuring maintenance costs are at or below budget; reviews status at monthly cost review meetings. Adjusts spending outlooks as needed to control costs.
18. Adheres to OxyVinyls' attendance guidelines and covers absences of others, when necessary.
19. Ensures maintenance group follows housekeeping standards and that jobsites are cleaned up after maintenance tasks are finished.
20. Acts as a communication link between lead technicians, engineers, managers, and other plant personnel. Possesses good written communication skills.
21. Suggests and drives process, equipment, procedural, and system improvements.
22. Attends and leads daily maintenance review and scheduling meetings.
Responsibility and Decision -Making Authority:
1. Planning, scheduling, and approving plant maintenance work with input from peers.
2. Manages maintenance costs.
3. Reviews and approves maintenance contractor invoices.
4. Approves maintenance overtime.
5. Purchasing authority of $10,000.
1. Work will be performed throughout the entire plant. This individual may be required to work overtime or offsite as business conditions require.
2. Safety equipment will be worn as appropriate to the specific plant area and job task.
3. Adheres to all plant HES procedures and actively supports all plant HES programs and initiatives.
"Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran"
Experience and Training Requirements:
Experience and knowledge of the following is required:
a. rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, centrifuges, agitators)
b. mechanical seals
c. welding techniques (various)
d. heat exchangers
e. computer skills including Word, SAP, Excel, Access, Outlook
Experience and knowledge of the following is preferred:
a. basic electric/instrumentation
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status