About this Opportunity
As a Facilitator - Upholstery working at Geiger, you'll support and respond to team members. You'll also perform problem-solving and improvement Kaizen activities.What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou . . .
Sound Like You?
- Actively engage and encourage theinvolvement of team members in improvement initiatives.
- Conduct hour-by-hour, standardized work, and problem-solving documentation.
- Encourage safe behavior and 5S housekeeping activities.
- Ensure measurable improvement to goals.
- Facilitate aquick response to problems.
- Maintain daily communication with theWork Team Leader and team members.
- Maintain effective communication and cooperation with all other shifts and Facilitators.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Perform problem identification and Kaizen activities.
- Support thetraining initiatives of team members in standardized work through Job Instruction (JI).
- Use Job Instruction (JI) training methods where applicable.
- Utilize a structured approach to problem-solving, including regular reflections.
- Work with the Work Team Leader to ensure that quality criteria is followed and quality checks are completed appropriately using standardized work, Job Instruction (JI), and quality criteria.
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
- Successfully completed theFacilitator Bridge Program or an equivalent development opportunity.
- The abilityto meet the minimum requirements of the jobs represented in the appropriate department.
- Demonstrated initiative to lead others for improved performance and aconsistently demonstrated job performance that exceeds expectations.
- The abilityto perform all jobs in thezone and adjacent zones within Takt time and to standardized work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including theability to challenge team members and peers appropriately to follow standards.
- The ability to appropriately apply Herman Miller Production System (HMPS) technical tools, i.e., standardized work, job instructions, work balance chart, time observations, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to explain the four philosophies of HMPS, True North, HMPS tools, and their relation to one another (pocket card).
- The ability to practice and document Kaizen (PDCA).
- A demonstrated ability to teach others andbuild effective relationships, and the flexibility and ability to implement and manage change effectively.
- Awillingness to help others, an eagerness to learn, and a servant leadership style.
- Theabilityto perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
:Full-time:Regular:NoShift:FirstWork Schedule:6:30 - 4pm Mon - Thur, 6:30-10:30 Fri:United States-North Carolina-Hildebran:United States