Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Operator will be required to set-up, adjust machines, and equipment in order to produce an acceptable quality product.
2. Will receive instructions, prints, and route sheets for the job. Will organize and plan operational duties for the shift he/she is assigned.
3. Will be required to set-up, operate, program, and trouble shoot Robot Systems (material handling, drilling, and welding) of other robotics pieces of equipment in the welding process to achieve acceptable levels in productivity, and quality.
4. Perform all required quality tests, certifications, and production checks as required by Quality Assurance or his/her supervisor.
5. Operator will continually visually inspect product, record production as required, report/record scrap, and other various duties or rework as assigned.
6. Operator will be required to make routine equipment adjustments to insure the process is efficient and welding to company standards at all times.
7. Will be required to manually repair, or hand weld some products that are below standard, due to tolerance variables during the Robotic operations.
8. Operator will need to know how to operate overhead crane, forklift, hand held grinder, and other department equipment.
9. Must keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
10. Must be able to work as a team.
Must be qualified and successfully held a Certified Welder's job or its equivalent, either in position or be certified by a technical institute.
* Operator will be required to pass the AWS Certification Test per Company Welding Policy.
* Must be able to satisfactorily use calipers, gages, and other measuring devices.
* Will be required to perform SPC procedures and tests, then interpret findings in order to make appropriate changes in the process.
* Must be able to navigate the HMI (Human-Machine Interface)
* Highly motivated and willing to solve problems.
Ability to lift 60-75 lbs. with another person, manually, when loading and unloading parts, materials, dies, fixtures, setting up equipment, and all other manual processes, design layout, and duties in the job.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. manually from floor to waist and waist to floor.
* Ability to walk, see, and hear in order to reasonably perform essential job functions.
* Full use of both hands.
* Ability to stand and perform various job functions for long periods of time, with Company standard break periods for rest.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.