Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Title: Support Technician II
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Travel Required: Some
Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Incorporated in 2011, North Wind Resource Consulting's core capabilities include environmental documentation and permitting; natural and cultural resource surveys; wildlife and botanical expertise; National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) technical services; historic and prehistoric surveys; environmental consultation such as Section 106 for cultural resources, Section 404 for wetlands, and Section 7 for endangered species); and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and mapping capabilities. North Wind Resource Consulting maintains offices across the country.
* This position is responsible for supporting risk assessment analyses for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), to determine homeowners flood insurance requirements.
* This position requires computer proficiency; the ability to read, use and interpret National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs).
* The work will predominantly require reviewing data submitted by communities and property owners requesting revisions or amendments to FIRMs, entering data into various systems, performing pre-acceptance reviews, and preparing written correspondence to applicants.
* High School Diploma or equivalency.
* Four year Degree with 0-2 Years related experience in GIS, Geography, Geology, Environmental Studies, or any other earth science field, preferred. (Project is based out of Alexandria, VA though position will begin as a remote position)
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.