ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for test and characterization of leading edge InP optoelectronic devices, including DFB and Fabry-Perot Lasers, Semiconductor optical amplifiers, Semiconductor modulators, PIN photodiodes, etc., for use in fiber optic communications and sensor applications.
- Work closely with Device Scientists and Wafer Engineers to define test and characterization plan, develop and set up test stations of optoelectronic devices at Chip, Chip-on Carry (CoC) or Chip-on Substrate (CoS), Module and even Sub-systems level like transmitter or receiver.
- Characterize devices in terms of detail performance parameters related to the followings:
- Device behavior of LIV, LIP, Ith, QE, etc.
- Optical spectrum, linewidth, frequency chirp, etc.
- RF modulation frequency response, distortion, RIN noise, etc.
- Environmental temperature dependence, shock and vibration, humidity, etc. and reliability (long term stability of key performance parameters).
- Interface with other product development engineers to implement both hardware and software to achieve test objectives for both R&D Engineering and NPI.
- Collect and Analyze test data for feedback to device Scientists and Engineers and presentation to internal/external customers.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated experience with test and characterization of InP Laser/PD devices for optical communication and sensing applications.
- Knowledge of the physics of InP optical devices.
- Demonstrated experience with optoelectronic device test station and module test system design and development.
- Expert in the optoelectronic test methods and hardware
- Familiarity with optoelectronic analysis software at both device and system level
- Solid knowledge of the InP optical device reliability related to wafer processes, and capable to guideline Qual team for reliability analysis and testing.
- MS in electrical engineering, applied physics, or related technical discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of direct industry experiences in InP Optoelectronic device or module test and characterization. Experience in optical telecommunication industry with wafer fab process knowledge is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to work in a team environment is required.
EMCORE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
EMCORE is an ITAR Compliant company, therefore all personnel must be a U.S. Person either by Citizenship or Green Card.