Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Department: Urology Clinic
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the Medical Receptionist performs a wide variety of responsibilities and support to the physicians.
* Greet patients upon arrival, maintains orderliness of reception area and Front desk ensuring patient confidentiality.
* Answer phones and retrieves and distributes messages appropriately.
* Process patients quickly and accurately through the computer based scheduling system for future appointments and/or testing as appropriate for patient care.
* Captures and enters high quality patient demographic and financial information via telephone interviews and hard copy (mail-in,facsimile, etc.)
* Communicates with physicians' offices and staff in a timely and professional manner.
* Maintains and supports patient's rights to care, privacy and respect.
* Other duties as assigned from time to time
* Experience: One to three years Administrative Assistant/Medical Office preferred
* Licensure and/or Certification: Graduate of a Medical Assistant/Secretary program preferred.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and moderate keyboarding is required. Knowledge of GE Centricity to access and utilize electronic medial records preferred.
* Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented with strong ability to multi-task required.
* Familiarity with medical terminology preferred
* Knowledge of patient billing, account processes, third party billing and revenue cycle preferred.
* Ability to maintain confidential information required.