Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Dir of IT PMO-Maryland (Columbia)
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Director of IT PMO in the Information Services Admin. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for supporting and enabling the organization's projects, programs and structured work efforts. In that capacity, the PMO director must ensure that various appropriate methods, skills and practices are in place to successfully deliver the solutions and capabilities required by the business timely and cost effectively. The PMO will be designing and implementing a standard framework that follows industry best practices of an IT program and project management across all relevant functions. This role provides regular tracking and management reporting across initiatives and projects to monitor and ensure their conformance to expectations, requirements and plans. The PMO director ensures that the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by executive management. This includes coaching and mentoring PMO staff either directly on his/her team or in a broader matrixed organization.
Areas of focus:
* Be responsible for leading a team and associated project stakeholders.
* Work with the PMO team to define and implement project management standards for the organization and adherence to those standards. Facilitate consensus around the mission and vision of the organization to facilitate a consensus with the PMO stakeholders. Foster a project-management-oriented culture and mindset
* Work closely with related functions, including but not limited to Risk, Retail, Mortgage and others to optimize shared processes and meet stakeholder requirements.
* Represent the IT portfolio to senior executives
* Engage senior leadership and business partners to define the PMO mission, goals and operating model
* Lead the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO goals and objectives
* Facilitate the agreed-upon process that develops plans and prioritization by leadership and governance
* Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to PMO staff and project managers
* Regularly review and evaluate opportunities to improve project management best practices. Drive continuous improvement in processes, including effective utilization of current tools and identify additional tools to enhance processes.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.Apply NowShare Save Job