Posted in Management 6 days ago.
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy,IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN.We arecommitted to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to makeStratas Foodsa great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.Job Description
This position manages the daily operations of the plant that can operate 24 hours/day. This position is responsible for efficient, safe and profitable operation of the finished products. This includes coordinating plans with scheduling, maintenance, shipping, and quality departments. Assist in coordinating and communicating an optimal production schedule. This position also has responsibility for the implementation of HACCP and quality systems.
The incumbent must establish action plans to ensure that the operation meets budgetary standards, complies with regulatory requirements for food and personnel safety, meets established customer service standards, and obtains desired production schedules while maintaining existing fiscal objectives. The incumbent is also responsible for the training and development of staff (incl. hourly and salaried personnel) as well as maintaining a positive climate for employee relations. This incumbent needs to provide dynamic, energetic and motivational leadership to achieve operational excellence.
1. Effective use of all resources in the packaging of finished product, including raw materials, labor, time, energy, and utilities.
2. Create measures where needed to verify this efficiency with development and implementation of action plans for continuous improvement.
3. Manage all operating expenses associated with product manufacture, including but not limited to all operating supplies and, direct and indirect production labor.
4. Ensure the establishment of productivity and performance goals for the department.
5. Train, coach, and develop supervisors and all hourly-compensated production employees.
6. Develop & maintain operating procedures.
7. Troubleshoot operational problems.
8. Monitor & control production yields.
9. Be available for consultation on plant problems 24 hours/day.
10. Review the process equipment flow and recommend process flow improvements.
11. Control department spending for overtime & supplies.
12. Ensure minimum production efficiencies are being met and create an improvement plan.
13. Create work schedule for operators.
14. Conduct crew meetings on a regular basis.
15. Communicate production plans and issues to off-shifts in the form of daily written notes.
16. Coordinate work activities on scheduled down days to clean, repair, or modify equipment or processes.
17. Evaluate subordinates in a written evaluation at least annually.
18. Foster an atmosphere of teamwork, and use work groups where appropriate.
19. Communicate & help plan maintenance issues.
20. Coordinate equipment preventative maintenance schedules with Maintenance.
21. Ensure food safety rules are being followed.
22. Guarantee safe work behaviors are being followed.
23. Ensure housekeeping standards are being met.
24. Review & appropriately file all production paperwork.
25. Complete incident investigations for any accidents or property loss.
26. Assumes responsibilities of the Plant Manager in his/her absence.
27. Assumes Shift Supervisor responsibilities in his/her absence.
28. Assumes Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities in his/her absence.Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Operations, or Engineering
Related Experience:At least 5 years of experience in Plant and Production Supervisory positions; Experience working in a union environment a plus; Experience in the Food Industry preferred
Equipment/Software Skills:MS Office Suite (Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), AS 400
Familiarity with PLC, Warehouse Management Systems, Inventory Management Systems, Plant Automation Systems
Must be able to interface with mainframe, general accounting, MRP, and order processing.
1. Communications - Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills in dealing with those both internal and external to Stratas are critical to success. Listens and gets clarification.
2. Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
3. Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data.
4. Root cause problem-solving techniques: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions.
5. Developing teamwork and productivity: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.Additional Information
Physical:Sitting/Walking/Climbing as required in a manufacturing environment.
Sensory:Good Listening Skills; Public speaking abilities to communicate with both hourly and salaried personnel.
Mental/Reasoning:Organizational; Decision making ability; Multi-tasking; Must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities to accommodate a quick paced environment (a quick thinker).
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.