Posted in Other 15 days ago.
In this role as a Lead Firmware Engineer, you will be part of a development team working in new product introduction and existing product sustaining / support. This team is responsible for long term development programs as well as short-cycle custom design tasks that leverage existing product platforms. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of product development ranging from system-level design and requirements analysis, feature development, through prototype generation and testing, to final design validation, documentation, and product release.
In this role as a Lead Firmware Engineer you will:
* Own technical leadership responsibilities for product feature development. implementation, validation, and sustaining
* Engage in all aspects of product development ranging from system level design and requirements analysis through code development and testing
* Work with NPI and sustaining engineering teams in development and execution of product enhancements, product upgrades, and new product introductions
* Drive continuous improvement initiatives related to embedded product functionality and team processes
* Design using object-oriented techniques and associated languages
* Analyze embedded code to determine root cause of defects and implement corrective action
* Develop systems using real-time embedded operating systems (VxWorks, QNX, etc.)
* Develop and implement embedded software ranging from high-level application to low-level hardware device drivers
* Perform Third Party Review of firmware development code
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering discipline from an accredited university or college.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with 5 years of experience related to embedded product development.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience using C/C++ programming language.
* Demonstrated technical leadership experience
* Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
* Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
* Demonstrated skills of C / C++ programming language
* Experience creating an embedded application, deploying to an embedded target, and debugging from an embedded target
* Experience troubleshooting customer issues
* Green Belt certified and DFSS trained