Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Part-time work paying $14.68/per hour plus $4.54 Health & Welfare benefit, a total of $19.22 per hour!
RTI International is seeking self-motivated and detail-oriented individuals who are skilled at working with paper/physical maps to work as Part-Time Field Mapping Listers (Field Enumerators/Canvassers) on a government-sponsored research study. The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) is an important study that provides up-to-date information on alcohol, tobacco, and drug use, mental health and other health-related issues in the United States.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking for part-time work with a variable schedule that allows you to work independently and not be stuck in an office.
If you're interested in traveling to an assigned area using supplied paper maps and detailed instructions to create an accurate hand-written list of all household addresses within a specific area, this may be the job for you. This assignment is expected to last approximately 7 months or less, with part-time hours varying from week to week depending on the region to which you are assigned. Qualified candidates MUST ensure that activities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner, the information recorded is of the highest possible quality, and all activities are conducted in a professional manner.
Field Mapping Listers (field enumerators/canvassers) are responsible for:
* Completing fieldwork in one trip, making sure to have at least 6-8 hours of daylight to work in one or more assigned areas
* Successfully completing on-line training and certification on schedule
* Maintaining contact and working closely with your supervisor
* Adhering strictly to project and reporting deadlines for completing and returning materials, while maintaining accurate, up-to-date records of progress in the field
* Accurately completing all project documents including listing forms and reporting forms
* Completing all tasks in accordance with precise procedures defined by RTI International
* When working in the field, must be willing to agree to any COVID-19-related protocols put in place by RTI.These could include, among others, wearing face coverings or respiratory protection, gloves, taking temperatures daily, social distancing with survey respondents, and/or completing a health pledge. All safety supplies required for use on the project will be provided by RTI.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED
* Must be at least 18 years old at time of employment
* Must have a valid driver's license and reliable personal automobile available for business use
* Possess effective communication skills through speech and listening, and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking
* Able to successfully complete online training and certification on schedule
* Available for field activity period
* Able to keep project information confidential
Preferred Qualifications for Ideal Candidates:
* Ability to read and follow paper/physical maps
* Ability to accurately complete paperwork
* Availability for short travel trips is a plus
This position falls under the U.S. Department of Labor Service Contract Act (SCA). Hourly wage will be determined based on the county in which work is being performed. The pay rate for Monroe County, NY is $14.68/hour. In addition to hourly pay, a Health and Welfare stipend of $4.54 per hour will be provided for up to 40 hours per week. Holiday pay is offered and determined based upon your location.
This position on the NSDUH project offers:
* Paid training and mentoring
* Paid mileage for traveling
* Access to 401(k) plan
* Opportunity to work on a project that collects data to support planning for prevention and treatment programs that serve your community
Apply here to begin the conversation about this position. The position will begin in June 2021.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach-one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visitwww.rti.org
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is availablehere.