Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
We are currently hiring an Entry-Level Machining Engineer at our Cudahy, WI location. As a machining engineer, you will create design concepts, verify concepts through process simulations, build computer models, and make drawings, specifications, and instructions. Our engineers play a vital role in ensuring that our parts are designed to the standards of ATI and our customers.
This role will report to our Sr. Engineer. Working as an Engineer at ATI provides ample opportunity to grow in your strengths as an Engineering professional as well as career growth opportunities with ATI. A successful engineer has excellent analytical skills and is able to effectively communicate with various members of their team and other departments in the plant.
* Learn and apply design and manufacturing principles to support and complete project tasks related to machining of products. For example, estimating
* machining hours, new product introduction projects, customer-initiated changes, and resolution of process-holds required to release jobs and keep the
* parts flowing throughout the manufacturing cycle.
* Utilize CAD systems to make design concepts, sketches, layouts, models, assemblies and NC programs.
* Test and validate design concepts by performing calculations and process simulations.
* Collect and analyze process data and evaluate simulation results to make engineering assessments.
* Investigate problems concerning manufactured items or processes, attend tryouts, and recommend improvements in methods and tooling for quality
* and cost improvements.
* Create documentation and technical reports to effectively communicate recommended and/or implemented solutions.
* Develop an understanding of forging processes, heat treat processes, machining processes, equipment functions, and equipment capabilities.
* Build relationships to support an environment of mutual trust, respect, and high ethical standards.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
* B.S. in an Engineering related field or equivalent years of experience.
* Experience in CAD and/or FEM is a plus.
* Oral and written communication skills.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
* Analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled