Posted in Information Technology 5 days ago.
The role defines, implements, and maintains the networking and unified communications infrastructure of the IEEE. It utilizes network knowledge, skills and expertise to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of IEEE information systems. This position provides leadership and focus for the architecture, integration, development and support of the IEEE voice, video and data network environment, and serves as the subject matter expert for layers 1-5 of the OSI model.
The position is part of the Networking and Unified Communications team that supports data communications, voice/telephony, video conferencing and Internet access, as well as management and security for these platforms. This role typically reports to a manger and does not have any direct reports. The incumbent acts as a mentor and a lead for the team members.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for initiating evaluations, designing, planning and project management for networks systems and services.
• Evaluates, plans, recommends and implements voice, call center, and Enterprise Network (LAN/WAN) systems and services.
• Evaluates response time, utilization and error data and provides traffic analyses, capacity planning and network/system designs as required.
• Offers high-level input to facilitate development of network strategies, philosophy, direction, planning, etc.
• Formulates monitoring policies, procedures, maintenance, standards, performance metrics and specifications relating to network system management.
• Installs, configures and supports network infrastructure, evaluate new technologies and products, implement network management tools.
• Leads network projects, which include installation of new network hardware or software and network configuration and design.
• Provides guidance, work direction and information to other technical network employees.
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related area is required
• Must have 8+ years direct experience involving network architectures, network security, network communications protocols, network monitoring and intrusion prevention strategies.
• Experience should also include hands-on experiencing implementing and managing enterprise IP voice and video communications services
Skills & Other Requirements:
• Working knowledge of an enterprise computing environment.
• Experience in installation and maintenance of network wiring/cabling.
• Working knowledge of routers, switches, and layer 2-7 load balancers.
• Knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques.
• Ability to monitor and resolve problems with distributed computer systems components.
• Knowledge of network QoS
• Knowledge of cloud computing networking, including AWS and OCI
• Experience in the application of problem-solving techniques.
• Knowledge of LAN infrastructure and communications protocols
• Knowledge of SAN protocols
• Knowledge of VPN technologies and support.
• Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
• Working knowledge of VoIP protocols
• Ability to analyze packet captures to identify and resolve communication issues
• Knowledge of computers and software.
• Ability to process information logically and solve problems.
• Ability to identify and define user enterprise network needs.
• Knowledge of enterprise data center computing environments including Cisco ACI and VMWare
• Knowledge of SD-WAN solutions
• Knowledge of network security practices.
• Knowledge of Internet Architecture such as BGP.
• Knowledge of common scripting and API interface languages as it relates to interoperability
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under (Category I—Office Position).
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons