Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Composite Technicians (Electrical & Mechanical & Welding)
Location: Chicago, IL (60620)
Education:High School Diploma / GED
Assignment Length: Through October 2021 (likely longer)
Hours: M-F 5:00am - 3:30pm, Sat 5:00am to 11:30am
Looking for skilled technicians with mechanical and electrical experience. Experience with heavy machinery is preferred. Applicants must be able to pass all entrance requirements and be willing to work in confined spaces and industrial conditions. Qualified Technicians will have diesel engine, DC electrical and welding experience.
SAFETY consciousness is paramount for employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have diesel engine experience and understanding of operation
- Be able to troubleshoot engine power issues
- Be able to change out and torque cylinder power assemblies
- Be able to troubleshoot engine cooling and oiling issues
- Be able to complete pipefitting and some welding work
- Be familiar and able on how to align installed equipment
- Understand the differences of operation for a turbo and draft gear blown engine
- Understand engine timing and how to set
- Understand how to blank off and be able to pressure test engines, coolers, etc.
- Understand torqueing and how to complete QA evaluations
- Be able to identify different gauges of wire and insulation types
- Be able to properly crimp terminals on wires, properly label and terminate
- Can read and understand blueprints and/or schematics
- Be able to understand electricity fundamentals and how to be safe around it
- Be able to use schematics to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits
- Be familiar with electrical testing equipment and how to use it
- Be able to work in small spaces for short periods of time
- Be physically able to get on and off a locomotive from the ground using only installed ladders and handrails
- Be able to terminate and test antenna connections - both crimp style and solder style
- Be able to drill, punch or make holes for installation of necessary conduit and flexible conduit
- Be able to bend conduit and route/ install flexible conduit as necessary
- Be flexible to work in and out of the environment and weather conditions
- BE able to work individually or in small groups
- Be able to complete other tasks as assigned with proper training
Qualified Technicians will have diesel engine, DC electrical and welding experience. Strong electrical and/or mechanical background is needed for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED; Certificates from Tech School(s) in diesel engines, welding and/or electrical is beneficial.
The work we perform is physically demanding. You are required to climb up and down the ladders installed on locomotives, climb step ladders outside of the locomotives, be able to wear the necessary safety equipment/PPE to include climbing harnesses, work in all positions: standing, sitting, laying, bent over, and be physically able to free lift up to 40lbs. using proper lifting techniques and safety precautions. Overhead work is limited but may present itself.
Working Environment/Environmental Hazards: Safety AT ALL TIMES is paramount and there is NO MARGIN for lack of safety in our field. We will make sure you are properly trained and DEMAND compliance with our safety and health policies. We will provide all safety equipment necessary except for composite/steel-toed work boots with a minimum 6" heel and slip resistant soles. No finger rings, necklaces, earrings that dangle or loose-fitting clothing is allowed. Employees must wear long pants and shirts that are not cutoff at the body or sleeve. Hard hats, safety glasses and the appropriate gloves are to be worn at all times while in the shops.
You will be required to check-in daily with the current COVID-19 restrictions and submit to a temperature check. Masks must be worn during all operations except when eating where social distancing will be required. Anyone who has been or thinks they have been exposed to COVID MUST report this at that time. If you are feeling ill or your temperature is 100.4* or higher, you will not be allowed on site that day.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.