Aleut Federal is seeking a Recreation Manager to join our team at the Job Corps Center, Albuquerque, NM.
The Recreation Manager reports to the Independent Living Director and is a salaried, exempt position. The position is responsible for the operation and direction of the recreation\/non-vocational program and assigned staff and demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates and abides by Aleut Core Values and operating principles.
• Works together with students to develop a program for their leisure time.
• Supervises all recreation program staff, ensuring that students receive instruction in safety aspects of all activities, i.e., water safety, athletic field safety, etc. Conducts in-service staff training sessions as needed.
• Plans and arranges for all on-center activities, including provisions for cultural and creative activities, sports, and other leisure-learning programs.
• Maintains recreation\/non-vocational supplies and equipment, and orders replacements, as necessary.
• Submits timely reports on recreation\/ non-vocational and leisure-learning activities.
• Formulates and recommends new or revised recreation\/non-vocational and leisure-learning activities to the Independent Living Director.
• Ensures that all programs comply with DOL and PRH requirements.
• Ensures Water Safety Programming and documentation is compliant with DOL and Aleut guidelines.
• Maintains ongoing community contacts with directors of recreational facilities to create a favorable impression, develop rapport and increase recreational and social opportunities for students.
• Publishes an advance recreation\/ non- vocational schedule on a monthly and weekly basis and posts it in areas frequented by students.
• Assists with the planning and directing of community service projects.
• Supervises and gives direction to volunteer personnel assisting in the recreation\/non-vocational and leisure-time learning program.
• Maintains a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly participation record.
• Ensures that departmental equal employment opportunity and affirmative action goals and objectives are met.
• Assesses personnel needs and works with Human Resources department to screen and interview potential staff members. Approves promotions, transfers, and merit evaluations within the department. Prepares and conducts performance appraisals.
• Attends required staff training sessions.
• Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
• Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in physical education or related field. Two years of experience in supervising recreation\/non vocational programs, including athletics, sports, arts and crafts, music, and drama.
• Prefer experience working with disadvantaged youth.
• Valid State driver's license in the state of employment.
Additional Requirements: Knowledge of a variety of recreation\/non-vocational activities. Must obtain and maintain valid CDL license with passenger transport endorsement. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR\/First Aid\/AED certification. Ability to communicate effectively and relate to trainee population. Ability to inspire and motivate trainees. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Excellent organizational skills. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, running, and driving. Occasionally position involves climbing, squatting, pushing, or pulling and carrying. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 85% of work time outside and 15% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
Aleut is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Aleut Federal, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AF expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Aleut Federal LLC is an EEO employer - M\/F\/Vets\/Disabled
Aleut Management Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/DisabledPI138893934