Posted in Other 2 days ago.
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career.We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for thefifthconsecutive year. We've been recognized byForbesas a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
The Commercial Liability Actuarial Product team is looking for a near-ACAS, ACAS or FCAS motivated actuary to:
* Join our team and contribute their knowledge and experience with Property and Casualty insurance in a way that will help shape changes in the industry
* Be part of the team that leads the innovation and updates of the Commercial Liability product offerings with a focus on Commercial General Liability
* Produce quality results in a timely manner while maintaining a customer focus in all of their work
* Serve as a customer-facing product expert for Commercial Liability
More specifically, we expect you to:
* Lead projects that target on developing enhancements and innovations to actuarial products and procedures for Commercial General Liability
* Collaborate closely with other ISO divisions on new products that may be actuarial or underwriting focused
* Maintain a high level of customer service through product presentations, responses to customer inquiries, and presenting at panel meetings or other customer forums
* Provide actuarial analyses in supporting, maintaining and enhancing existing Commercial General Liability actuarial products
* Interact with regulatory authorities to support filings of loss cost reviews and new/enhanced productsQualifications
* Fellow (FCAS) or Associate (ACAS) of Casualty Actuarial Society preferred
* Ability to lead initiatives, work independently and as part of a team
* Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Familiarity with predictive analytics modeling preferred
* Good computing skills desired, such as SAS, SQL, Syncsort, Access and Excel, --- some experience with project-oriented programming such as JAVA would be a plus, but is not a requirement
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.