Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
1. Actively motivate the continual improvement of processes relating to the engagement of freight suppliers for SCM, the approval for payment of their invoices and be the instigator of improvement processes relating to freight movements by: * Ensuring that freight suppliers present accurate invoicing and work to resolve issues 2. Input, monitor and report on the freight supply budget 3. Monitor recovery of outbound freight costs from customers and look for continuous improvements 4. Serve as the "go to" person for questions/issues related to data and its collection and deliver 5. Validates and transfers data inputs into standard reporting format 6. Audit data between entities and challenges anomalies 7. Supports data collection of freight spend for projects and subprojects 8. Prepares presentations and reports, coordinate meetings and other general administrative tasks as required 9. Basic knowledge of domestic and international transportation, CTPAT and logistics terminology. 10. Participates in negotiations with carriers that are aligned to meet Carl Zeiss Vision logistics expectations 11. Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of 1-3 years of practical logistics experience
* Strong communication skills; bi-lingual preferred
* Experience in freight management in both import and export is preferred
* Experience in international trade processes, regulation and laws (including Duty, VAT and
other taxes) to optimize processes for both compliance and tactical advantage
* Familiarity with the Maquildora trade industry such that decisions can be made knowing
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to understand complex data
* Excellent interpersonal skills needed for interactions within department and various levels
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.