Posted in Other 5 days ago.
|# of Openings Remaining||
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (not all inclusive other duties may be assigned)
* Understands the department infrastructure and importance of meeting and exceeding internal and
external customer expectations with regards to order fulfillment. Thorough understanding of
Harvest/Cut Floor processes
* Plans daily work including: Department Pre-Ops, Daily Staffing, assigns equipment, Coordinates daily
stretching and information sessions.
* Is responsible for continuous improvement: Improve productivity through efficient use of personnel and
equipment, working with support departments as well as department managers to insure that all
equipment is operational when needed.
* Oversees all record keeping such as team member payroll times and evaluations.
* Makes certain all team members have had departmental procedures reviewed with verifications of
understanding and compliance.
* Develops team leads and non-exempt team members to their potential
* Maintains/Exceeds customer service level metrics and KPI's
* Maintains good working relationships with team members, management, personnel and other
* Completes new team member orientation and training per company policy
* Provide added direction, coaching and mentoring to the Harvest / Cut Floor Supervisors.
* Superintendent/Supervisor coverage-(Flex/PTO)
* Update and maintain a list of opportunities/action items and follow through to completion
* Execute and implement and ensure compliance to HACCP/SSOP, and Quality Control Program
* Manage job sharing opportunities or cross training within team members qualifications to meet
production schedules and build depth
* Work with maintenance on operational efficiencies
* Perform checklist daily
* Evaluate Team Member daily stretching practices
* Perform incident investigations as needed
* Participate in daily product audits to identify opportunities for improvement Perform
* Customer Complaints investigations and implement corrective actions
* Investigate internal/external food safety/quality process deviations identify and implement corrective
* Train new Team Members on SOPs Evaluate and ensure effectiveness in daily team member engagement
* Perform Weekly Qualification meetings (New Team Members)
* Administer Disciplinary Actions Coaching all Team Members (corrective action, SOP's, key expectations,
* Coordinate Positive celebrations/recognition Perform hiring manger responsibilities for all non exempt
* Develop cross-training matrix (within dept)
* Executing under Change mgmt plan
* Use Continuous Improvement tools to engage and develop team members
* Investigate and resolve team member complaints and issues Perform annual team member evaluation
* Observe production processes and ensure that all SOPs are established, followed and continually
* Monitor area KPI's for variance vs. target and make corrective actions
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and at least 3 years of Meat Processing Industry.
* Manage multiple Team Leaders and a team of 20-30 team members in the Order Assembly department. Is responsible
for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team
members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Must have prior protein (meat) experience
Leadership experience including continuous improvement activities
Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where change and growth are part of the culture
Applicable MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills preferred.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.