Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
With over 20 years of experience supporting the metalworking community of Northern Illinois and Indiana, HFO/Chicago is the exclusive distributor for Haas CNC machine tools and rotary products. We're proud to represent America's largest machine tool builder, offering a complete range of; 5-axis universal machining centers, vertical machining centers, horizontal machining centers, multitasking turning centers, CNC lathes, CNC mills, rotary tables and 5C collet indexers. All Haas machine tools and rotary products are built to deliver high accuracy, repeatability and durability.
HFO Chicago, a regional distributor of CNC machine tools, tooling and accessories, and related engineering and support services, is seeking an ambitious and conscientious CNC Field Service Technician. HFO Chicago is a division of Morris Group, Inc., one of the largest machine tool distribution networks in North America.
The CNC Field Service Technician will have an extensive understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Traveling to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations
• Utilizing machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
• Ensuring proper documentation is completed and submitted to office and customer in regards to status of machine issues, repairs, and installation
• Promoting and performing preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment and conducting after-sales technical support and training
• Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
• Experience in mechanical/ electrical repair of CNC machine tools; Haas CNC Repair background a plus
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics beneficial
• Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
• Flexible hours and frequent travel, including driving throughout a regional territory
• Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 100 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees
We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.