Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
Position: License and Permits Fleet Coordinator
Location: Columbus, OH
The License & Permitting Fleet Coordinator is responsible for working with contractors for all aspects of the L&P function including signing ICOA, acquiring permits, plates and insurance, assigning scale/toll pass devices and processing their business entity formation as required by ICOA. He/she will work with new and existing contractors on a daily basis to continue to make sure they have everything needed in compliance with all DOT and carrier requirements.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
• Respond to requests to add/replace existing units from current IC's
• Assist with collecting necessary documents, complete ICOA, request permits, registrations and insurance as needed
• Assign scale/toll pass devices as needed
• Maintain appropriate spreadsheets
• Distribution of license plates, registrations and permits on a timely basis
• Processing business entity formations by IC's as required by ICOA
• Track deadlines for registration, permit and business entity formations for all IC's in fleet
• Support contractors, terminals and internal departments daily through professional verbal communication, qualcomm and email
• Supporting environmentally friendly record keeping paperless system - scanning all documents into Ten Street timely
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have strong work ethic.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate effectively in all interactions.
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as a positive attitude.
• Have strong time management and organizational skills.
• High school graduate or possess GED
• Ability to present and maintain a positive corporate image in a fast paced environment
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including reasonable overtime as needed.
• Ideal candidate will possess a "can do" attitude with a "will do" work ethic
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Experience with AS400 or McLeod operating systems is a plus
• IRP plating and permit experience preferred
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.