Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Provides clinical care through the performances of laboratory based diagnostic tests and services. Facilitates analysis of fluids and results as generated by procedures. Responsible for performing procedures in chemistry, hematology, blood bank, urinalysis, serology and bacteriology in a correct and complete manner. Responsible for performing phlebotomies, collection of cultures and urine drug screens as requested. Works under supervision of Section Head or Laboratory Director. Ages served range from newborn to geriatric.
1. Must be a Registered Medical Laboratory Technician (American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent) or completed within 6 months of hire.
2. Graduate of an approved accredited medical laboratory technician program or the equivalent as determined by the Department of Health and Human Service.
3. Must work with exacting numbers, have good eye-hand coordination, and possess good color discrimination.
4. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
5. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
6. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission and vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.