Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
Role: ETL Developer (IBM Infosphere Datastage)
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500 and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
*Please note, this role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future*
Practice - AIA - Artificial Intelligence and Analytics
About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant’s AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse/Global Data Warehouse (EDW/GDW) is a special repository of data organized from an enterprise perspective and used for informational, operational and analytical purposes. Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes move large volumes of data from multiple source systems into EDW/GDW and within various layers of the warehouse. The Management Information Systems (MIS) department is experiencing unprecedented demand for its services and at the same time is evolving from a legacy regional EDW structure to a common GDW structure.
This position is for a software engineer with experience in delivering ETL solutions. The software engineer will have significant opportunity to contribute to Data migration to a GDW and an opportunity to learn various aspects of the client business and IT processes.
Specific position duties include:
• Work with Business teams to understand requirements for PDO Backlog features and deliver ETL solutions with high business value using Agile.
• Work with Data Architects (DAs) to define, create and modify EDW/GDW data models
• Assist with analyzing commonality in EDW/GDW information models and identify needs for Extract, Transform and Load (ETL).
• Participate in PDO product team ceremonies such as Standups, Iteration Planning, Demo Days and Release Planning
• Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or computer engineering
• ETL development experience with IBM InfoSphere (DataStage v11.5)
• ETL and development experience with Informatica PowerCenter
• SQL experience involving multiple, complex queries
• Good understanding of data modeling and data quality solutions for large programs
• Exceptional analytical experience of complex applications and data relationships
• Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a product team
• Strong written/oral communication skills
• Strong drive for results and ability to work independently
• Self-starter with proven innovation skills
• Demonstrated commitment to quality and project timing
• Demonstrated ability to document complex systems
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adjust resources/assignments based on changing priorities
• Experience in creating and executing detailed test plans
• 8+ years ETL development and integration experience with IBM InfoSphere (DataStage v11.5)
• 8+ years ETL development experience with Informatica PowerCenter
• 8+ years SQL development experience
Be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate into Technical solutions
• Deep knowledge of information management and data governance best practices
• Good understanding of standard data integration architectures
• Good communications skills
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
|3||SQL Server Management Studio||PL1||Desired|
|5||Pervasive ETL Data Integrator||PL1||Required|
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
* Proficiency Legends
|Proficiency Level||Generic Reference|
|PL1||The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.|
|PL2||The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.|
|PL3||The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.|
|PL4||The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.|