Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
The Holiday Inn Cleveland Clinic is located on the prestigious Cleveland Clinic campus. Travelers appreciate our finer touches that make comfort and convenience a top priority. It is less than one mile from the University Circle cultural and arts district. Legacy village shopping and entertainment, the Rock & Roll hall of Fame and Museum, Progressive Field and the Historic Warehouse District are all within easy reach.
Your day to day
Greet guests. Process payments for guest meals from restaurant servers according to established policies and procedures.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills and 6 months cash handling experience or food service experience.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (plates, utensils, menus, etc.)
· Handling food objects, products and utensils
· Using a keyboard
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
· Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit, quantities, and variances.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. We offer a competitive financial package and Hotel discounts worldwide!
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.