Posted in General Business 1 day ago.
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Additional Job Posting Locations:
Job Description Summary:
Overall planning and management of estimating activities for specific construction projects, including preparation, interpretation and presentation of estimates.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Review project plans, requirements and specifications
• Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
• Coordinate subcontract solicitations and jobwalks
• Determine labor and construction equipment costs
• Prepare conceptual estimates
• Meet and maintain bidding and work schedules
• Submit requisitions for purchase of materials
• Compare competitive trade bids
• Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with Project Manager Secure all bid documents (bid forms and quote letters)
• Prepare subcontractor bid list and submit drawings to subcontractors
• Participate in bid compilation on bid day
• Assist jobsite staff with estimates after bid award
• Perform post-bid buyouts (if applicable)
• Maintain good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
• Supervise and train estimating staff (if applicable)
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 3 years project engineering or related experience
• Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
• Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
• Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
• Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting; engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable)
• Drafting and computer skills
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!