Posted in Other 12 days ago.
|Title||Mgr Operations & Maintenance|
|Job Family||Power Operations|
|Subject to DOT Regulations||No|
|Percent of Travel Required||0|
|Description||Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Reporting to the Plant Manager, provides day-to-day supervision for a variety of plant operations staff. Manages technicians, schedulers, foremen and craft employees to ensure the long-term reliability and availability of plant equipment through the application of maintenance/technical planning and scheduling. Responsibilities include issuing operating instructions for economic dispatch and providing oversight of the plant chemistry program including ensuring that optimum water balance is maintained. Working with the Plant Manager, plans and schedules all plant monitoring, testing and maintenance activities, including long-term maintenance overhauls. Reviews plant maintenance reports and operating data and directs efforts of staff to ensure economical operations and corrections of deficiencies.
Develops and coordinates plant safety programs, including oversight of training certifications, compliance and tag-out procedures. Accountable for maintaining up-to-date environmental and permit requirements. Ensures that all Calpine compliance reports are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures for staff. Monitors and enforces a safe work environment and participates in the development of procedures that support consistent and safe operations. Working with input of staff and with approval of Plant Manager, develops, updates and reviews operations and maintenance operating procedures. Prepares daily, weekly and monthly operating summaries as directed.
* Accomplishes work through others. Manages a combination of multiple operations and maintenance functions such as commissioning, control room operations, crane operations and vehicle maintenance, plant maintenance, IC&E, and water treatment with an operational focus.
* Manages employees performing related duties including full human resources, cost and budgetary accountabilities.
* Decisions typically related to resources, project approach, and tactical operations.
* Results have significant impact on costs and the achievement of function objectives or project-based goals. Assists in the development and administration of plant operating budgets.
* Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and initiatives involving own and possibly related functional areas.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals. Prepares and communicates work schedules for staff, balances workload and monitors quality of results.
* Works within general guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems for a function.
* Manages multiple functions within operations and maintenance. Regularly manages large-scale projects/activities or a very closely related set of projects/activities.
* Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels. Oversees the training and development of staff, including contractors.
* Serves as one of the primary decision makers in the recruiting and selection process.
|Requirements||* High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent; prefer Associate's or Bachelor's Degree.
* Previous work leadership or senior level contributor experience.
* Typically requires minimum of 10+ years in area of specialization including experience analyzing control logic diagrams, P&IDs and other technical materials pertinent to power plant operation and maintenance.
* Strong computer skills including experience working with spreadsheets, databases and word processing software.
* Valid state driver's license.
|Send This Job to a Friend|