Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Butler Aerospace & defense is seeking a Cost Accountant for our client location in Santa Maria, CA.
The Cost Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports on material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, and other cost-related performance measures. This role also participates in the month-end closing. The cost accountant is at the site level.
Summary of Duties:
* Collect and analyze data to determine production costs by performing the following:
o Variance Analysis
o Cost of Goods Sold Analysis
o Standard Costing
o Overhead & Labor Rate Calculation
o Inventory Valuation Analysis
o Ad-hoc financial analysis
* Prepare financial reports and give recommendations based on available data
* Prepare audit reports and present findings to management to improve transparency
* Participate in period end closing and perform journal entries and GL account analysis Perform account reconciliations to drive accuracy in inventory cycle. Familiar with Bill of Materials (BOM) & Routings.
* Collaborate with internal and external auditors on cost accounting concepts
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: 6+ years' experience in an accounting department (specifically doing budget and forecasting) for a large manufacturer.
* Familiarity with Windows Operating System.
* Demonstrated solid understanding/use of Microsoft Office products including: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Advanced knowledge/use of Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of SAP
* Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
* Understanding of organizational accounting concepts
* In-depth knowledge of financial guidelines and regulations
* Strong financial analysis skills
* Ability to perform risk and security assessments
* Excellent attention to detail
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
* Ability to collaborate with other different functions and foster teamwork
Description: Mid-level position within field.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.