Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to creating a culture of inclusion. We value and respect the unique differences and experiences of our employees. We believe that our differences lead to better collaboration, innovation and outcomes. We want you to join our team!
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Legal, or Engineering, and five (5) + years of experience in the electric utility industry. * Understanding of the wholesale and retail power markets in a stakeholder-driven RTO environment. * Strong understanding of the utility regulation including demonstrated strategy. critical thinking, planning and decision-making experience.
Education Preferred: Experience working with the PJM RTO
* Skilled at coordinating work and collaborating with teams internally and externally with partners, subcontractors, legislators, businesses and regulatory and finance officials.
* Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to analyze complex issues and communicate clearly and succinctly.
* Well organized, accurate and able to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to understand the interaction between complex regulatory and technical issues and recognize regulatory impacts and risks to the Company.
* Advanced Excel or other modeling skills preferred.
* Occasional travel within the PJM Interconnection, LLC region
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.