Posted in Other 2 days ago.
A Project Mgr, Sr job in Irvine, California is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will Work with other participants to complete project scope, goals and deliverables, while adhering to the budget and timing constraints.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager plans, monitors and manages internal and external project(s), from initiation through completion. Engages internal resources to ensure project delivery is on time and aligned with project requirements and objectives. Applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to lead project processes while controlling cost, performance and risk.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Plans, coordinates, implements and finalizes projects according to specifications and deadlines, while keeping the project within budget
* Defines the project"s objectives, creates schedules and oversees quality control throughout the entire project
* Works with other participants to complete project scope, goals and deliverables, while adhering to the budget and timing constraints
* Creates schedules and reviews timeline objectives with team in order to estimate efforts required to reach objectives
* Identifies, assess and minimizes risks throughout the project lifecycle, seeking to prevent losses
* Monitors project budgets; reviewing expense reports to determine if allocated funds are managed properly
* Tracks and reports milestones and provides status reports to requesting department/team
* Develops improvements and innovations to enhance performance of the Project Management Team
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Certifications: PMP or other project management credential preferred
Years' Experience: 5 -7 years of relevant experience
o Strong background in project management methodology
o Aerospace project management experience preferred
o Experience with the development of new products in a regulatory environments
o Possess a strong technical background to understand and evaluate the technical specifications, requirements and capabilities associated with the project
o Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
o Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; using excellent interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
o Self motivated with problem solving and decision making skills
o Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop clear and detailed plans
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one"s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Client reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Client shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the apply now link provided. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com