Posted in Other 12 days ago.
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Under close supervision responsibilities may include assembly, forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework and repair of assembly components and parts, per customer specification, maintenance of machine tools, hydraulic systems, CNC equipment, vacuum and electrical systems on equipment throughout the company. Includes, but not limited to, operation of machines, hand and power tools, gages and measuring instruments, fabrication of temporary tooling, tooling maintenance and first level maintenance.
* Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material determines method to remove material to meet customer specification. Removal of material by tank by media.
* Prepares parts for the tank by painting and patching and removing all required maskant for etch. Uses exacto knife and scale to hand layer out patterns.
* Drilling, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings, trimming and paint touch up.
* Deburrs and forms parts using expanders, hot dye presses and rolls.
* Masks parts as required by applying tape to holes, masking first cut parts and strip boards.
* Strips flanges with knife, loads parts using crane and runs laser program.
* Maintains records associated with periodic maintenance and orders spare/replacement parts as required.
* Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, to include issues that involve "cost, quality, process, schedule and people".
* Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
* Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
* Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego