Posted in Other 3 days ago.
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k with match, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flex spending both medical and childcare, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
Facility Health Information Management (HIM) Director, Grand Strand Medical Center Myrtle Beach, SC
Grand Strand Health is a multi-facility health system located on the coast of the Grand Strand community and has facilities throughout the Grand Strand to provide quality, convenient healthcare.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 371-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Our hospital is also the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the service area, certified by DNV-GL
Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Joint Commission, a leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States, for the following programs: chest pain, knee and hip replacement, and sepsis. In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and stroke.
Under the direction of the Regional HIM Director, you would be responsible for managing, coordinating, and performing the day-to-day operations and workflow of the facility based HIM operations. You will actively participate in the facility based unbilled management process and resolution of issues contributing to unbilled accounts.
In this role you will:
* Manage facility based HIM operations and staff including, but not limited to, record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, hardcopy retrieval of medical records, tumor and/or trauma registry, and processing of birth certificate/paternity papers as applicable. Routinely assists in the performance of facility based HIM operations including, but not limited to, ad hoc record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, and hardcopy retrieval of medical records as needed.
* Perform facility unbilled activities including physician query follow up, physician incomplete record follow up, collaboration with facility department leaders in monitoring and working unbilled reports, working the applicable HPF/MPF queues, working the applicable unbilled management reports and queues, (e.g., DET/eRequest, Bill 49) and management of HIM operations unbilled processes.
* Work all applicable HPF/MPF workflow queues (includes, but is not limited to, the Facility HIM Department Queue, all Coding Pend for Queues, Review Queues, Unknown Document Queue, Cancelled Accounts Queue and all Wait for Workflow Trigger Queues) according to established workflow guidelines and schedules.
* Works collaboratively with Medical Staff and Facility Leadership to comply with standards and guidelines enforced through the Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules and Regulations (e.g., suspension of privileges) and is responsible for facilitation and execution of physician notification processes regarding medical record documentation deficiency, delinquency, and physician suspension.
* May serve as the Facility Privacy Official, Records Management Coordinator, RAC Coordinator, and/or perform state reporting duties.
Education and Experience
* Undergraduate degree required, strongly prefer a Health Information Management degree
* A minimum of one year of HIM department experience is preferred, three or more years is strongly preferred
* A minimum of one year healthcare management experience is strongly preferred
RHIA or RHIT
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.