Posted in Other 9 days ago.
A Manufacturing Engineer Job in Manchester, CT is currently accepting applications. This is a 6 month contract position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing manufacturing methods/processes to improve efficiency during the product development phase and the transition into the production phase. You will also assist in maximizing product process efficiency by analyzing the layout of equipment, workflow and manufacturing methods/processes. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in Engineering along with 2+ years of relevant manufacturing experience.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Assure/verify compliance of manufacturing methods/processes with approved methods/processes and quality requirements/standards as defined on drawings, customer specifications and customer contracts/purchase order requirements as directed by the assigned Project Engineer
* Review and approve calibration results for tools and gauges used to manufacture all parts for assigned manufacturing processes
* Oversee the incorporation and maintenance of customer issued drawing and all other process changes, which may include Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), into the systems and assigned processes
* Responsible for the oversight and sign-off of product repairs, reworks and Nonconforming Material Report (NMR) disposition and root cause validation
* Perform the disposition of pre-SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) and SCAR non conformances and take appropriate actions to support all respective vendors, to include site visits as required by our Purchasing department
* Oversee the collection and submittal of key characteristic data, along with required preparation efforts for recurring product audits for assigned manufacturing processes
* Interact with other related disciplines within the facility to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods
* Participate in Product Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) meetings and provide assistance as required by the assigned Process Administrators
* Monitor First Time Yield (FTY) data and report data trends to assigned Project Engineer
* Perform process validations (including standard hour verification) on assigned processes through a hands-on review by witnessing the performance of operations and discussions with all involved shop personnel, Manufacturing Process Control (MPC) personnel and other Engineering personnel as directed by the assigned Project or Manufacturing Engineer.
* Extract from our system, organize and draft information pertaining to first article submittals as necessary to support the Quality/Engineering Administrator
Manufacturing Engineer Job Requirements:
* B.S. Degree in Engineering
* 2+ years of relevant manufacturing experience
* Aerospace industry experience a must have
* Must have working knowledge of Unigraphics or NX system use
* Background in sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding, inspection methods, and special processes including plasma coatings, laser drilling, and airflow measurement strongly preferred
* Must be proficient using Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineer Job in Manchester, CT, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.