Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Coherent is a world leader of lasers and laser-based technology for materials processing, microelectronics, scientific, life sciences, and medical customers. The light we deliver touches almost every aspect of human life - vision correction to cell analysis, precision welding to 3-D printing, gravity wave detection to brain research. Put your talents to work at Coherent where you can create and innovate enabling technologies that will push the frontiers of science and technology.
Coherent has an immediate opening for a Cost Accountant II.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs related to ECO's and new items
- Setting standard costs and reviewing actual costs for variances
- Prepare monthly entries to ensure inventory, warranty, scrap, and cost of sales are recorded correctly
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger, report on periodic variances and their causes
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine the effects on cost
- Facilitate financial audits
- Assist in SOX maintenance and compliance
- Ad hoc research and special projects related to a wide range of technical accounting and financial reporting issues
Education and Work Experience:
- 3 to 5 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Should have Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills, sound understanding of accounting and inventory principals
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook/Word, experience with Agile a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Strong user of financial ERP system (Oracle/SAP)
- Proficient knowledge and hands-on-experience with US GAAP and SEC standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm, strong multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to quickly switch from one project to the next
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.