Posted in Other 2 days ago.
US-NC-Charlotte | US-NC-Cary | US-NC-Wilmington
Colliers Engineering & Design is seeking a Geographic Discipline Leader who can provide client management and design and construction administration of water and wastewater projects. There will also be a requirement to manage, direct, and supervise the work efforts of assigned staff and coordinate the technical and managerial direction provided by Management regarding scope, schedule, quality and budget of projects. This position also requires that ability to manage clients and the ability to develop new business.
* Prepare effective work plans, schedules and man-hour budgets for approval by Department Manager
* Perform client management duties and also participate in business development efforts
* Monitor time schedules and capital cost budgets on projects to satisfy the client as well as control work and productivity
* Responsible for the quality control/quality assurance process for assigned water and wastewater design projects
* Oversee the work and productivity on assigned projects
* Strive to achieve predetermined goals for profit, productivity targets, and schedule of deliverables
* Develop, coordinate, and execute engineering methods for water and wastewater designs
* Regular contact with professional engineering consultants, governmental agencies, involved communities and contractors in connection with the planning, design, and permitting of water and wastewater projects
* Preparation of engineering calculations, plans, specifications, technical papers, and permit applications for water and wastewater pipe, pumping, and treatment facilities
* Responsible for planning, designing and providing guidance in the development of water supply, transmission, and distribution projects. Develops and reviews conceptual drawings related to infrastructure design
* Develops and reviews construction documents and specifications
* Responsible for studies, preparing designs, and contract documents for wastewater and water supply infrastructure projects
* Review of utility connection applications for municipal and utility authority clients
* Full-fill role of Client Manager when needed
* Perform all client management duties
* Ability to develop new business and follow up on new business opportunities
* Familiarity with SUE type projects a plus
* Bachelor of Science degree in environmental engineering, or civil engineering
* PE license is required
* 8-10+ years of experience in the civil/environmental engineering field with concentration in water/wastewater design
* Experience with AutoCAD is desired
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to manage clients and develop new business
What We Offer
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That's why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women's Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!